State Best Practices - FPLS Data: New Hire Reporting, FVI, FCR, Automation
- Information About:
- State/Local Child Support Agencies
- Case Management, Enforcement, Federal Systems, Child Support Portal/SSP, Federal Case Registry (FCR), Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS)
- Policy, Dear Colleague Letters (DCL), Promising Practices
- Collection & Enforcement Systems
FEB 25, 2000
TO: ALL STATE IV-D DIRECTORS
RE: State Best Practices
The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) is pleased to release the second installment of "Tips, Techniques, and Technology in Using FPLS Data." The first edition was sent to States on January 14, 2000 with DC-00-08. The guide describes the innovations and procedures that States have developed to take advantage of the new tools in child support enforcement, especially those provided by the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA). We hope that you will benefit from knowing more about what other States are doing and that time and effort can be saved by learning from other States’ experiences.
The enclosed installment includes articles on:
- Arizona's Audit Process for New Hire Reporting
- Utah's Use of New Hire Data to Re-coup Student Loans
- Iowa and the Family Violence Indicator
- Iowa's Federal Case Registry (FCR) Screen
- Delaware's Automation of Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS) Responses
- Alaska's Statewide Law Enforcement Seizure Program
The creativity of States is demonstrated in these practices, and we trust that you will find the enclosed guide helpful in your own efforts to optimize your program.
Once again, let me applaud all States for their continued creativity and hard work on behalf of our nation’s children.
David Gray Ross
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF Regional Administrators
Regional Program Managers
Best Practices Contacts