Health Insurance Marketplace Resources for Early Care and Education Providers
Use the following resources to help answer questions you or the families you serve have about the upcoming launch of the Health Insurance Marketplace:
- Get Training about the Marketplace
- Ten Ways for Head Start Providers to Promote New Health Insurance Opportunities
- Ten Ways State Child Care Administrators Can Promote Health Insurance Opportunities
- Marketplace Information for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Frequently-Asked Questions about Medicaid
Handouts for Families on Accessing Health Care
Share the following resources with the families you serve to provide them more information about the Affordable Care Act and the Health Insurance Marketplace:
- Why Do You Need Health Insurance?
- Things to Know About the Health Insurance Marketplace
- What to Think About When Choosing a Health Plan
- If You Already Have Health Insurance
- Resources in Other Languages
Ways to Help Families Enroll
Individuals and families will have access to a number of resources to learn about the Marketplace and figure out their coverage options. They can get in-person assistance from Navigators, non-Navigator assistance personnel, certified application counselors, and/or agents and brokers. Learn more about the types of assistance available to help individuals and families enroll in health coverage.
In addition, more than 1,100 health centers across the nation received a total of $150 million in federal grants to help enroll uninsured Americans. The health centers will help individuals and families understand their coverage options through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program; determine their eligibility and what financial help they can get; and enroll in new affordable health coverage options.
Find Local Help
Find help in your local area to apply for health coverage.
Become a “Champion for Coverage”
Take action — post the Marketplace widget, send an email message, or more. If you're interested in being publically recognized as an official “Champion for Coverage,” fill out the online form. Once we get your information, we’ll follow up with you.
If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com.
Apply to Be a Certified Application Counselor or Organization
For More Information
- Toll-free Consumer Call Center: 1-800-318-2596
- Twitter: @HealthCareGov