FYSB Seeking Grant Reviewers for Competitive Abstinence Education Grant Program
The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program is seeking qualified professionals and master’s level students with a background in adolescent health, human services or public health to serve as reviewers and panel chairpersons for an adolescent pregnancy prevention grant review process.
How are Grant Application Reviewers Selected?
Grant reviewers are selected for their subject matter expertise and their ability to objectively evaluate the quality of a grant application submitted to receive federal funding. They are expected to use their expertise to assess grant applications according to the published evaluation criteria.
Grant Reviewer Qualifications:
- Professionals with human services or public health experience, to include program work in adolescent pregnancy prevention and/or adolescent STI/HIV prevention
- Students who are pursuing a master’s degree in the human service or public health fields
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex applications
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Ability to provide written and oral evaluative comments
- Reviewer profile in the ACF grant reviewer database
- Telephone service and computer with reliable Internet access via broadband or DSL
- Windows or Mac-based interface
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9
- Back-up plan to access the Internet in the event the primary Internet connection is lost during a review. A connection must be re-established within three hours
Level of Commitment:
- Participate in approximately 3 mandatory web-based training sessions to prepare for the grant review process
- Devote 8 hours daily over a period of 5 to 6 days to review applications
Register as a grant reviewer online and enter reference code PREP-001-2013, or call 866-796-1613.
Learn more about the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program on our website.