Resources for Grantees Affected by Hurricane Sandy
The Family and Youth Services Bureau sends its sincerest support and thoughts to the communities affected by Hurricane Sandy. FYSB has compiled the following resources for our grantees, which may be helpful as the recovery continues:
- If you and your youth are from a county in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut that has been officially declared a disaster area, you can register for government assistance. Learn more information and read the FAQs before you apply.
- Get emergency prescription assistance from the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Find a shelter by texting SHELTER + your ZIP code to 43362, or search for Red Cross Shelters online.
- List young people, or your organization, as “safe and well” and search for youth, their family members and their friends on the Red Cross’s list.
- For counseling and support to individuals in distress related to disaster, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s disaster distress helpline at 1-800-985-5990.
- For storm health updates, text “SANDY” to 87000 or follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s emergency feed on Twitter.
- For updates and health and safety resources, visit Hurricane Sandy Recovery.