The National Runaway Safeline Wants Your Advice on Keeping Young People Safe
Do you have advice on how to keep young people safe and off the streets? The National Runaway Safeline wants to hear from you!
To help build awareness for National Runaway Prevention Month in November, the Safeline is collecting tips from youth and adults about how to do things -- like improve family communication and manage conflict -- that might keep young people from running away.
Tips will be reviewed by an expert panel, and the best will be featured on the NRS website throughout the month of November.
- Sofia Katsaggelos, NRS Board Member and youth representative, and the entire NRS Youth Activist League
- Cyndi Lauper, civil rights activist and Grammy, Emmy and Tony award-winning artist
- Congressman David Reichert (R-WA)
- Darla Bardine, J.D., National Network For Youth
- James Garbarino, Ph.D., author and professor at Loyola University Chicago
- Charlotte Latvala, columnist and magazine contributor on parenting
- Christina Tynan-Wood, blogger for Momster on the Family Circle website
- Maureen Blaha, Executive Director, National Runaway Safeline
The deadline to submit your tip is Sunday, August 25.