Consolidating CCDF Under a 102-477 Indian Employment, Training, and Related Services Plan 2014
Program Instruction CCDF-ACF-PI-2013-04
Purpose: To provide information on the procedures to consolidate the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) program with other employment and training funding sources under a Pub. L. 102-477 Plan.
Background: The Indian Employment, Training, and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992, as amended (Pub. L. 102-477) was enacted to:
- Demonstrate how Indian tribal governments can integrate the employment, training, and related services they provide in order to improve the effectiveness of those services;
- Reduce joblessness in Indian communities; and
- Serve tribally-determined goals consistent with the policies of self- determination.
In accordance with Pub. L. 102-477, eligible tribal applicants may choose to streamline tribal services by submitting a consolidated plan for employment, training, and related services to the U.S. Department of Interior (DOI). Eligible applicants may include the CCDF in their 102-477 Plan. The CCDF is comprised of two funding sources:
- Discretionary Funds – funding that is provided under the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act, as amended; and
- Tribal Mandatory Funds – funding that is provided to eligible Tribes and tribal organizations under Section 418 of the Social Security Act.
Tribes that elect to consolidate their CCDF funds under a 477 Plan are required to operate comprehensive CCDF programs. By applying for CCDF funds, a Tribe agrees to follow the provisions of the CCDBG Act of 1990, as amended, and applicable regulations at 45 CFR 98 and 99, including the obligation and liquidation periods at 45 CFR 98.60(e). However, in contrast to the required CCDF application and plan process, Tribes that consolidate CCDF funds under a 477 Plan are permitted to submit abbreviated applications and plans for CCDF funding.
- Program Instruction – CCDF-ACF-PI-2013-04 (PDF) (72.77 KB)
- Attachment A – 102-477 Child Count Declaration (47.35 KB)
- Attachment B – List of Assurances and Certifications (PDF) (45.98 KB)
- Attachment C – CCDF Statutory and Regulatory Requirements That Will Not Be Waived (PDF) (16.84 KB)
- Attachment D – ACF Regional Child Care Program Managers List (PDF) (21.33 KB)