Wage Rate and Buy American Requirements for American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 Grant Awards
Program Instruction CCDF-ACF-PI-2010-02
- Program Administration
- ARRA, Current Guidance, States/Territories, Tribes
- Program Instructions
- Wage Rate and Buy American Requirements of ARRA
To: State, Territorial and Tribal Lead Agencies administering child care programs under the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990, as amended (the CCDBG Act), and other interested parties.
Subject: Wage Rate and Buy American Requirements for American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 grant awards.
References:The CCDBG Act (42 U.S.C. § 9858 et seq.); Section 418 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. § 618); Sections 1605 and 1606 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (P.L.111-5); Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Regulations (45 C.F.R. Parts 98 and 99).
Purpose: This Program Instruction is intended to provide guidance on two specific requirements applicable to ARRA funds which have not previously been applied to CCDF funds. These provisions include wage rate requirements and domestic content requirements applicable to the use of ARRA funds for construction, alteration, maintenance, or repair. The provisions were included in the HHS Standard Terms and Conditions for ARRA funds (attached).
- Program Instruction (CCDF-ACF-PI-2010-02) (128.55 KB)
- U.S. Department of Labor, Employment Standards Administration, Wage and Hour Division. Memorandum No. 207, (05/29/2009) (336.74 KB)
- HHS Standard Terms and Conditions American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Division A Funds (24.04 KB)
- Office of Management and Budget, Requirements for Implementing Sections 1512, 1605, and 1606 of the ARRA for Financial Assist. (188.13 KB)