Program Integrity and Accountability: Improper Payments Error Rate Review Process
- Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) Reporting
- Data Reporting, Program Integrity, States/Territories
Error Rate Final Rule
A Final Rule was published in the Federal Register on September 5, 2007. The final rule revises CCDF Regulations to require States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico to conduct standardized reviews of a sample of cases and report error rates in the expenditure of CCDF grant funds. The error rate reports will be used to implement provisions of the Improper Payments Information Act of 2002 (IPIA)
Data Collection Forms and Instructions
The Revised Data Collection Instructions detail the methodology to be used to implement the reporting requirement found in the Final Rule and have been approved for use in the current cycle of reviews for States reporting in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Please contact the National Center on Child Care Subsidy Innovation and Accountability for technical assistance with the Error Rate Review process. 301-881-2590 x273.
If you have questions regarding the Data Collection Instructions, please contact Michelle Dilks at (202) 401-5033.
- CCDF Error Rate Final Rule (221.96 KB)
- Data Collection Instructions for 2014-2016 (1.04 MB)
- Improper Payments Data Collection Instructions (February 4, 2015) (905.38 KB)