Program Integrity and Accountability: Improper Payments Error Rate Review Process
Error Rate Final Rule
A Final Rule was published in the Federal Register on September 5, 2007. The final rule revises CCDF Regulations to require States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico to conduct standardized reviews of a sample of cases and report error rates in the expenditure of CCDF grant funds. The error rate reports will be used to implement provisions of the Improper Payments Information Act of 2002 (IPIA)
Data Collection Forms and Instructions
The 2010 renewal of the data collection forms and instructions is to be used in second cycle reviews for Year 3 States reporting in June 2013. The current Data Collection Instructions detail the methodology to be used to implement the reporting requirement found in the Final Rule.
Additionally, the Revised Data Collection Instructions have been approved for use in the next cycle of reviews for States reporting in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Please contact the National Center on Child Care Subsidy Innovation and Accountability for technical assistance with the Error Rate Review process. 301-881-2590 x273.
If you have questions regarding the Data Collection Instructions, please contact Michelle Dilks at (202) 401-5033.
- CCDF Error Rate Final Rule (221.96 KB)
- Current Data Collection Instructions for 2013 (467.58 KB)
- Revised Data Collection Instructions for 2014-2016 (1.04 MB)
- Record Review Worksheet for 2014-2016 (ACF-403) (261.84 KB)
- State Improper Payments Report for 2014-2016 (ACF-404) (224.77 KB)
- Corrective Action Plan for 2014-2016 (ACF-405) (151.57 KB)