Technical Bulletin #4r-v3, revised June 2012
ACF-801 Case-Level File Format
- Technical Assistance
- Current Guidance, States/Territories
- Technical Bulletins
This Technical Bulletin describes the requirements for formatting the ACF-801 data submission file. These formatting guidelines should be followed by all States and Territories when creating the file for electronic submission to the Administration for Children and Families (ACF). All questions about the file format should be directed to the National Center on Child Care Data and Technology (NCDT). This Technical Bulletin provides new guidance reflecting changes made to the ACF-801 report announced in April 2012. Effective October 2012, a footnote is required for Element #28 (Hours). New elements related to provider quality are optional beginning October 2012 and are required October 2013. States and Territories will have to make changes to their file format to meet the new reporting requirements for the ACF-801 report. Note: Please refer to Technical Bulletin #3 for guidance on the new reporting requirements.
When submitting the required ACF-801 report, States and Territories have the option to submit either a sample or the complete population of children receiving federal child care subsidies. CCDF grantees also have the option to submit data monthly or quarterly (3 months at once). Regardless of whether the State submits a sample or the full population, or chooses to submit data monthly or quarterly, the guidelines in this bulletin apply.
The remainder of this document contains four sections:
- Section II offers an overview of the ACF-801 report format;
- Section III gives detailed guidance for formatting the summary and case-level records;
- Section IV provides guidance for States/Territories that may be unable to submit data in a variable record length; and
- Section V provides resources for additional assistance.
- Technical Bulletin #4r-v3, revised June 2012 (189.03 KB)