OCS Fact Sheet
Want to learn more about OCS? Check out our Fact Sheet! There, you can read about our mission, purpose, goals and more to get a better sense of how our programs serve children and families.Learn More
The Office of Community Services (OCS) partners with states, communities and agencies to eliminate causes of poverty, increase self-sufficiency of individuals and families and revitalize communities. Our social service and community development programs work in a variety of ways to improve the lives of many.
OCS’s main goals are to:
- Serve the economic and social needs of low-income individuals and families
- Provide employment and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Promote individual self-sufficiency through the creation of full-time, permanent jobs
- Assist community development corporations in utilizing existing funding for neighborhood revitalization projects
- Provide financial and technical resources to state, local, public and private agencies for economic development and related social service support activities
Provide energy assistance to low-income households
Read about our management team in our Leadership section.