IDAs for Small Businesses Webinar: Crafting the Best Program for your Clients (AFI)
Friday, November 16, 2012. 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern
IDAs for small businesses are gaining popularity, as more and more providers realize the benefits of diversifying their portfolio. For those who have more experience facilitating educational and homeownership IDAs, adding a small business IDA program can seem daunting, because it implies developing a new set of outreach and recruitment strategies and different partnerships to facilitate the success of these savers.
However, with a changing economy, there is greater demand for IDAs that help people invest in new and growing businesses. If you are considering starting or expanding your small business IDA portfolio, join us to consider the experiences of others as they have crafted programs to meet that demand.
In this hour-long webinar, you will hear from three distinct perspectives: 1) a specialized micro enterprise agency whose IDA work focuses on small business IDAs; 2) the experienced IDA practitioner that is only just now launching a business IDA program and 3) the AFI Grantee that has been successfully managing multiple IDA types simultaneously.
We will explore:
• How to craft a program that adequately addresses the needs of your small business clients
• What strategies are used to engage and retain new and continuing clients
• What are the various program design models and how to determine which elements are critical for your program’s success
• Tips for raising nonfederal match dollars
• Amy Shir, AFI Resource Center (Moderator)
• Amber Miller, Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative (Wisconsin)
• Leah Murray, Lane MicroBusiness (Oregon)
• Karen Heisler, Rural Dynamics, Inc. (Montana)
The webinar is free to all interested participants. In advance of the webinar, please send any questions you would like our panelists to address during the session to Jimmy Crowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-207-0147.