The National Resource Center
About the National Resource Center
Please note that funds were not appropriated for the Compassion Capital and Strengthening Communities Fund Programs. Therefore, the Administration for Children and Families will not hold additional competition or award new grants for this program.
The CCF National Resource Center provided program management and administrative support to the Compassion Capital Fund (CCF) program office. The National Resource Center (NRC) helped ensure that organizations that were awarded grants under the CCF Program were able to fully meet the objectives and goals of their award and appropriately manage their grant.
The NRC performs the following functions:
- Served as a repository and distribution center for information, tools, and resources needed by CCF intermediary and mini-grantees, sub-awardees and other faith-based and community organizations to improve their organizational capacity, knowledge, and skills and assist with their programmatic and grant management.
- Provided training and technical assistance to CCF-funded intermediary organizations and mini-grantees.
- Supported oversight and tracks major activities performed under the CCF program by intermediaries and mini-grantees.
The Four Components of the National Resource Center:
• Information Clearinghouse
The National Resource Center provided easy access to capacity-building resources through websites,
e-newsletters, and a toll-free information line.
The NRC also published The Grassroots, a quarterly e-newsletter with a circulation of over 4,000. Each newsletter features information about the Compassion Capital Fund, links to funding opportunities of interest to faith-based and community organizations, and articles of interest to nonprofit leaders.
• Useful Tools
The National Resource Center developed resources in print and electronic format to support organizational capacity building and CCF grants management.
An example of these tools includes:
The Intermediary Development Series Guidebooks, a set of eight books available online that covered topics such as Revenue Sources, Grant Acquisition, Grants Management, Best Practices, Establishing Partnerships, and Outcome Measurement.
• Customized Technical Assistance
Through one-on-one onsite visits, offsite support, and teleconferences, the National Resource Center supported capacity-building in CCF grantees by helping to identify and meet their unique needs.
• Specialized Workshops
The National Resource Center createed learning opportunities for CCF intermediaries to learn from each other and from expert presenters. The workshops convened leaders of CCF-funded intermediary organizations from around the country, exposed participants to new ideas, taught leadership and management skills, facilitated networking opportunities, and addressed important policy matters related to CCF.