AFI Brocchure ASSET Initiative
A partnership to encourage asset development
The ASSET Initiative is a collaborative through which Administration for Children and Families (ACF) offices and partner States, localities, community-based providers are highlighting the importance of financial education and other asset building services for individuals and families.
Asset building is an approach to overcoming poverty. It emphasizes on enabling people to learn about and use sound budgeting and money management practices, to address financial issues, and to plan for long-term success. Especially when combined with other support services, the asset building approach helps families set goals and progress toward financial stability.
The ASSET Initiative focuses on the following six strategies:
- Financial Education;
- Savings and Individual Development Accounts;
- Getting Banked;
- Managing Credit and Debt;
- Tax Credits and Filing Assistance;
- Accessing Federal and State Benefits.
This section provides information and resources on the initiative.
Asset Initiative Overview
Asset Strategy Fact Sheets
- Six Fundamental Asset Building Strategies Overview
- Six Fundamental Asset Building Strategies
- Financial Education
- Savings and Individual Development Accounts
- Getting Banked
- Managing Credit and Debt
- Tax Credits and Tax Filing Assistance
- Accessing Federal and State Benefits