CSBG Data T/TA Grant Summaries FY 2010
State Exemplary Practices Projects Supported by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program
National Training for Financial Management and Administrative Governance
Project Period: 9-30-2010 through 9-30-2011
The Office of Community Services (OCS), within the Administration for Children and Families, will fund one award under the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Program for National Training for Financial Management and Administrative Governance.
This two-year cooperative agreement will support a National Technical Assistance Strategy to address four areas:
- Organizational stabilization and support for CSBG-eligible entities experiencing significant fiscal or organizational challenges;
- Capacity-building to ensure ongoing high quality program management among eligible entities adapting to changing community needs;
- Promotion of exemplary financial management and administrative governance practices and policies by identifying and disseminating innovative service approaches and models that have been successfully self-sufficient; and
- Knowledge management and sustainability guidance, activities and resources to assist CSBG- eligible entities with integrating and maintaining innovative service approaches and models applicable to the organization’s needs for the reduction of poverty and revitalization of low-income communities and empowerment of low-income families and individuals in rural and urban areas to become self-sufficient.
These program funds will be used to help CSBG-eligible entities build their capacity to understand, manage, and address fiscal and administrative issues. CSBG-eligible entities will enhance their ability to implement innovative services approaches and models that have been successful in addressing specific community needs related to the reduction of poverty and achievement of self-sufficiency.
The following organizations are recipients of the National Training for Financial Management and Administrative Governance grant:
- IA Meliora Partners, Inc.
- MA Community Action Program Legal Services, Inc.
Read the Project Summary for the grant by clicking on the name of the organization.