LIHEAP AT Instructions for FY 2013 Carryover and Reallotment Report
FOR TIMELY OBLIGATION OF FY 2013 LIHEAP FUNDS
AND REPORTING FUNDS FOR CARRYOVER AND REALLOTMENT
1. Add together the funds you received from HHS in FY 2013 in the form of LIHEAP block grant awards (no emergency contingency funds were awarded in 2013), and any oil overcharge funds designated for use in LIHEAP for FY 2013. You may carry over up to 10% of this total for obligation in FY 2014.
2. At least 90% of the total funds available to you in FY 2013, as calculated in Paragraph #1, must be obligated by you for use in LIHEAP no later than September 30, 2013, which is the end of FY 2013. (Please note that this requirement applies to obligation only, not expenditure of funds.)
3. No more than 10% of the funds available to you for FY 2013, as calculated in Paragraph #1, may be carried over for obligation in FY 2014. You must obligate these carryover funds for use in LIHEAP no later than September 30, 2014, or they must be returned to HHS.
4. FY 2013 funds that are not obligated by you by September 30, 2013, and that exceed 10% of the total as calculated in Paragraph #1, must be returned to HHS, which will reallocate them to LIHEAP grantees in FY 2014.
5. Submit a report to HHS on your estimated carryover and reallotment by August 1, 2013. Submit the report via the On-Line Data Collection System (OLDC) at: https://extranet.acf.hhs.gov/ssi/. Include a brief explanation of why you want to carry over the funds and how you will use them. If you later find that your estimates are not accurate, submit a revised report as soon as possible. FY 2014 grant awards will not be issued to you until the Carryover and Reallotment Report for FY 2013 is received and deemed completed by HHS.
The Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995
Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 3 hours per response, including the time for reviewing instructions, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and reviewing the collection of information.
An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.