LIHEAP AT 2010-2 Grantee Survey for FY 2009
THIS CONTAINS INFORMATION ISSUED BY THE U.S. ADMINISTRATION FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES IN LIHEAP INFORMATION MEMORANDUM TRANSMITTAL NO. LIHEAP-AT-2010-2, DATED 11/27/09
TO: LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP) STATE GRANTEES
SUBJECT: LIHEAP Grantee Survey for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2009
RELATED Section 2610(b) of the Low Income Home Energy
REFERENCES: Assistance Act, Title XXVI of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981, Public Law 97-35, as amended; ACF Annual Grantee Survey of the LIHEAP Program, as approved by OMB (OMB Control No. 0970-0076; Expiration Date — February 28, 2011.
PURPOSE: Section 2610(b) of the LIHEAP statute requires the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services to submit, no later than June 30 of each fiscal year, a report to Congress on LIHEAP for the prior fiscal year. As part of our preparing the LIHEAP Report to Congress for FFY 2009, we are requiring State LIHEAP grantees to complete the LIHEAP Grantee Survey for FFY 2009.
The timeliness and accuracy of responses to the Survey are very important in:
• submitting fiscal data to Congress in the Department's LIHEAP Report to Congress for FFY 2009;
• responding to questions from Congress, the Department, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the White House, and other interested parties; and
• reporting LIHEAP performance results to the Department and OMB.
Please e-mail your State's completed Survey to Katina Lawson by December 15, 2009. This will be the same date that final data are due for the LIHEAP Household Report for FFY 2009.
BACKGROUND: The Survey collects data on sources and uses of funds, average benefits, and maximum income cutoff for 4-person households for each type of assistance provided by your State for FFY 2009 (the period of October 1, 2008 - September 30, 2009).
CONTENT: We are conducting this Survey electronically. You will be receiving the next day by e-mail your State's LIHEAP Grantee Survey for FFY 2009. Survey instructions are attached to this Action Transmittal. Please contact us by Wednesday, December 2, if you did not receive an electronic copy of your State's Survey.
Please review carefully the attached instructions concerning page protection, additional notes, and pre-printed information. There are also specific instructions for each of the survey items.
• Uses of Funds represent a State's obligation of funds, not expenditure of funds. In some cases, obligated block grant funds are not actually expended until after the end of the FFY.
• Please check the consistency between your State's LIHEAP Household Report for FFY 2009 and LIHEAP Grantee Survey for FFY 2009 concerning the types of LIHEAP assistance provided.
• Please do not delay completing your State's Survey. Estimates of obligated funds are acceptable if actual data are unavailable.
• Please exclude Department of Energy funds in response to the LIHEAP weatherization assistance in Section III, A.4.
Unless we hear from you otherwise, we expect to receive your State's completed Survey by December 15, 2009. Please e-mail the Survey to Katina Lawson.
INQUIRIES TO: Katina Lawson, Program Analyst
Division of Energy Assistance
Office of Community Services, ACF, HHS
370 L'Enfant Promenade, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20447
Telephone: (202) 401-6527
Division of Energy Assistance