CSBG IM No. 117 Three-Year Monitoring Schedule FY 2011 through FY 2013
COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Administration for Children and Families
Office of Community Services
Division of State Assistance
370 L'Enfant Promenade, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20447
Transmittal No. 117
Date: August 25, 2010
State Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) Lead Agencies.
Three-Year CSBG Monitoring Schedule: FFY 2011-FFY 2013.
Community Services Block Grant Act, Title VI, Subtitle B, of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981 (The CSBG Act)
To Inform State CSBG Lead Agencies of the CSBG Monitoring Schedule for FY 2011, 2012, and 2013.
This Information Memorandum provides the upcoming schedule for Comprehensive State Assessment Visits in the Community Services Block Grant. Each year, the Office of Community Services conducts standard monitoring visits as required under Section 678B(c) of the CSBG Act. The proposed schedule is published for Federal and State planning purposes.
In December, 2007, the Office of Community Services (OCS) published a modified State Assessment schedule for the remainder of Fiscal Years (FY) 2008 through FY 2010 (CSBG Information Memorandum 105). We are now providing a plan for State assessments for FY 2011 through FY 2013. State assessments will continue to follow a standard monitoring protocol addressing administrative, programmatic, and fiscal compliance with CSBG Act requirements. The standard monitoring checklist for Comprehensive State Assessment visits is available at the OCS website.
As with the previous visit schedule, OCS conducted a Monitoring Selection Process to determine which States would receive the most benefit from the Division of State Assistance (DSA) on site monitoring visits during Federal Fiscal Years 2011-2013.
States that have note received a full comprehensive assessment within the last five years received priority consideration. In addition, the following factors were considered in developing the CSBG Three-Year Monitoring Schedule:
- State Audit Findings – States were assessed to identify the number of significant audit findings in Single audits submitted to the Federal audit clearinghouse. This included assessment of States with repeated findings for three or more consecutive years.
- Eligible Entity Audit History – States were assessed to identify the number of eligible entities with open audit findings (monetary and/or non-monetary).
- Timeliness--States were assessed for timeliness in submission of their CSBG State Plans, National Association of State Community Services Program (NASCSP) Information Surveys, or other required reports and information.
- Recommendations from the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Government Accountability Office (GAO)—reports from OIG and GAO were assessed to identify CSBG and American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) studies that have unresolved findings.
- Financial Analysis—OCS conducted analysis of the current liquidity of eligible entities for financial viability and potential risks.
The schedule presented on the following page is the result of that process as well as input from Senior Management. OCS may modify this schedule based on other sources of information in future Monitoring Selection Processes as that information becomes available.
Community Services Block Grant
Federal Fiscal Year 2011
May - 2011
July - 2011
September - 2011
Federal Fiscal Year 2012
October - 2011
January - 2012
March - 2012
May - 2012
July - 2012
September - 2012
Federal Fiscal Year 2013
October - 2012
January - 2013
March - 2013
May - 2013
July - 2013
September - 2013
Questions about this schedule should be brought directly to the attention of Frances Harley, Financial Operations Team Leader, DSA on 202-401-6888 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yolanda J. Butler, Ph.D.
Office of Community Services