Connecting for Children and Families, Inc
Name of Grantee: Connecting for Children and Families, Inc
Federal Project Officer:
Grants Management Specialist:
Point of Contact:
46 Hope Street
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Federal Award Amount: $300,000
Program Name: Woonsocket Center for Working Families
Project Period: 9/30/10 – 2/28/12
Organization Description: Connecting for Children and Families, Inc (CCF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of family and community life in Woonsocket. They offer a range of educational programs, health initiatives, and social services for inner-city children and their families.
Program Summary: The mission of Connecting for Children and Families, Inc is to make is to expand their community based services by establishing the Woonsocket Center for Working Families, following the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s “Family Economic Success” model, which creates centers for working families in family-friendly community support agencies. Woonsocket Center for Working Families will offer a main point of entry to access a comprehensive array of services for families striving to achieve economic success. They will offer the following services:
- Improved access to public benefits, such as SNAP, heating assistance and weatherization, and child care subsidies.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) to provide free tax preparation and help low income families access the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
- Financial education/literacy workshops, one-on-one coaching, and financial counseling.
- Workforce Development to provide skills and education necessary to get good jobs and build careers.
- High qualify, licensed child care.