Native Employment Works
The Native Employment Works (NEW) program provides funding for a variety of work-related activities to support job readiness, job placement and job retention. NEW funding enables grantees to serve their designated service populations through these work activities and supportive services.
NEW program funding supports education, training and employment activities.
- Alternative education
Training and Job Readiness Activities
- Job skills training
- Job readiness training
- On-the-job training
- Entrepreneurial training
- Management training
- Job search
- Job development and placement
- Community work experience
- Community service
- Traditional subsistence activities
- Subsidized and unsubsidized public and private sector work experience and employment
In addition, NEW programs fund supportive and job retention services including:
- Child care
- Work-related uniforms, clothing, tools and eyeglasses
- Medical services
- Other related services necessary to enable program participation and to prepare for, obtain and retain employment
NEW programs may also include activities such as labor/job market assessments, job creation and economic development leading to job creation.