Claims Resolution Act - Engagement in Additional Work Activities and Expenditures for Other Benefits and Services, March 2011
Engagement in Additional Work Activities and Expenditures for Other Benefits and Services
- Tribal TANF, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Claims Resolution Act, Data Collection and Reporting, Form ACF-812, Reports to Congress, Data Collection and Reporting, Reports to Congress
The Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (Public Law 111-291) was signed by President Obama on December 8, 2010. The Act extended the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) block grant through the end of fiscal year (FY) 2011. The extension included two new reporting requirements, requiring States, the District of Columbia, and Territories (henceforth referred to as “States”) to provide additional detail about: (1) work participation for families that currently do not meet the TANF program’s requirements to count toward State work participation rates; and (2) TANF spending in two broad categories known simply as “other non-assistance” and “authorized solely under prior law.” States are required to submit two reports with these data – one for the month of March 2011 and a second for the months of April, May, and June, 2011.
Section 812 of the Claims Resolution Act requires the Secretary to submit a Report to Congress on the information submitted by States. This report reflects State reports for March 2011. A subsequent report will cover the April-June period.
- Claims Resolution Act: March 2011 (MS Word) (1.89 MB)
- Claims Resolution Act: March 2011 (PDF) (870.69 KB)
- Claims Resolution Act: March 2011 (MS Excel) (278.5 KB)
- Appendix I: ACF-812 Instructions (March 2011) (25.95 KB)
- Appendix II: Website Addresses for State Engagement Reports (March 2011) (16.75 KB)
- Appendix III: Definitions of WEI Categories and Work Activities (March 2011) (12.18 KB)
- Appendix VI: Subtitle B of the Claims Resolution Act of2010 (Public Law 111-291) (March 2011) (4.06 MB)
- Appendix V: State ACF-196 (SUP) Reports (March2011) (2.09 MB)
- Appendix IV: ACF-196 (SUP) Instructions (March 2011) (24.11 KB)
Last Reviewed: November 19, 2015