TANF-ACF-PI-2009-10 (OMB approved Form ACF-196 State TANF Financial Report Form)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Financial, Form ACF-196 Supplement
- Program Instructions (PI)
State Agencies administering the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program under Title IV-A of the Social Security Act, and other interested parties.
OMB approved Form ACF-196 State TANF Financial Report Form.
This Program Instruction informs States of the approval of ACF-196 by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the requirement for States to use the form.
Title IV-A, Section 411 of the Social Security Act (the Act), 45 CFR 265.3, and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009, (Public Law 111-5).
On April 27, 2009, OMB approved the use of the ACF-196 report form. States must use the ACF-196 report form pursuant Section 411 of the Act, and 45 CFR 265.3. Furthermore, a column was added to the form to facilitate States’ reporting of TANF Emergency Funds awarded during FY 2009 and/or FY 2010 under ARRA.
Beginning with the FY 2009 fourth quarter report (report ending September 30, 2009), States must use the ACF-196 Form (revised for reporting under ARRA) to report TANF and TANF Emergency Fund expenditures. In addition to the quarterly reports for the current year TANF award, States must also submit a quarterly report for prior TANF awards when funds are expended. For the quarter ending 9/30 of each year, a quarterly report is required for all prior TANF awards that have carryover/reserve funds (whether funds were expended during the year or not).
As required in 45 CFR 265.6, States are required to submit TANF expenditure data electronically. Electronic submission is available through the Internet using the On Line Data Collection (OLDC). Access to OLDC can be obtained by contacting the ACF Regional Grants Management Office in your area (see attachment).
Quarterly reports must be received by ACF within 45 days of the end of each quarterly period.
1. Instructions for the completion of the ACF-196 Form (revised for ARRA reporting). [ PDF ]
2. Copy of the ACF 196 TANF Report Form. [ PDF ] [XLS]
3. Contact information for ACF Regional Grants Management Officers [ PDF ]
4. Request for Online Data Collection (OLDC) Access. [ PDF ]
October 1, 2009
Inquires and comments should be directed to the ACF Regional Office.
Curtis L. Coy Ann H. Barbagallo
Deputy Assistant Secretary Acting Director
for Administration Office of Family Assistance
- Contact information for ACF Regional Grants Management Officers (12.64 KB)
- Copy of the ACF 196 TANF Report Form (Excel) (55 KB)
- Copy of the ACF 196 TANF Report Form (PDF) (17.08 KB)
- Instructions for the completion of the ACF-196 Form (revised for ARRA reporting). (84.27 KB)
- Request for Online Data Collection (OLDC) Access. (25.27 KB)