A First Look at the Head Start CARES Demonstration Large-Scale Implementation of Programs to Improve Children’s Social-Emotional Competence
Low‐income preschool children face many risks to their social emotional development that can affect their school experience and social outcomes for years to come. Although there are some promising approaches to improving young children’s social‐emotional competence, the evidence base is limited, particularly on the effectiveness of these approaches when operating at large scale. This report describes the Head Start CARES (“Classroom-based Approaches and Resources for Emotion and...
Among children investigated by Child Protective Services in 2008, neglect was the most common form of reported maltreatment (51.8%). View the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being (NSCAW II) Baseline Report.
Latest Research RSS Feed
- Published: July 17, 2014Recent news from the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation...
Head Start CARES for Migrant and Seasonal Families: Adapting a Preschool Social-Emotional CurriculumPublished: July 16, 2014The Migrant and Seasonal Head Start (MSHS) CARES case study was designed as a companion study to the overall Head Start CARES (“Classroom-based Approaches and
- Published: July 15, 2014This Annual Report provides a snapshot of the Health Profession Opportunity Grants (HPOG) Program at the end of its third year of operation. The report
Best Practices in Data Governance and Management for Early Care and Education: Supporting Effective Quality Rating and Improvement SystemsPublished: July 14, 2014Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS) currently serve as a centerpiece of many states’ early care and education (ECE) activities. However, QRIS can only
- Published: July 14, 2014Collecting and using data are core activities in a well-functioning Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS). Yet, data used in a QRIS are frequently housed
- Published: July 14, 2014This brief is designed to support Quality Improvement (QI) efforts by describing the status of the evidence and presenting information that categorizes quality
- Published: January 15, 2010This report of the Head Start Impact Study is the result of several years of design, data collection, and…
- Published: December 21, 2012Report of the Third Grade Follow-up to the Head Start Impact Study, a nationally representative evaluation of the...
- Published: December 21, 2012Executive Summary for the report of the Third Grade Follow-up to the Head Start Impact Study, a nationally...
The Family Room Blog
High quality early care and learning programs can help homeless children develop the skills they need to be resilient in the face of the adversity.