Number and Characteristics of Early Care and Education (ECE) Teachers and Caregivers: Initial Findings from the National Survey of Early Care and Education (NSECE)
What did the early childhood teaching and caregiving workforce look like in 2012? This research brief describes the Early Care and Education (ECE) workforce data developed in the National Survey of Early Care and Education (NSECE). The survey focuses on individuals providing direct care and education for children birth through five years and not yet in kindergarten. Findings are based on over 10,000 questionnaires completed in 2012 by a sample of individuals representing about one million...
Among children investigated by Child Protective Services in 2008, neglect was the most common form of reported maltreatment (51.8%). View the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being (NSCAW II) Baseline Report.
Latest Research RSS Feed
The CCDF Policies Database Book of Tables: Key Cross-State Variations in CCDF Policies as of October 1, 2012December 10, 2013This book of tables presents key aspects of CCDF-funded programs across all 50 States, territories, outlying areas, and the District of Columbia as of October
- December 4, 2013The Welfare Rules Databook provides tables containing key Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) policies for each state as of July 2012, as well as
- December 2, 2013Child care survey data and analyses can be improved by stepping away from terminology which may have unclear or multiple meanings to different audiences. This
- November 27, 2013There is increasing emphasis on coordination and collaboration across early care and education sectors to provide consistent, high-quality services to meet the
- November 21, 2013Recent news from the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation...
- November 18, 2013Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS) are only useful if their ratings are valid. This brief provides detailed examples and findings from QRIS
- January 15, 2010This report of the Head Start Impact Study is the result of several years of design, data collection, and…
- December 21, 2012Report of the Third Grade Follow-up to the Head Start Impact Study, a nationally representative evaluation of the...
- December 21, 2012Executive Summary for the report of the Third Grade Follow-up to the Head Start Impact Study, a nationally...
The Family Room Blog RSS Feed
Today’s Research Symposium at the National Institutes of Health