Number and Characteristics of Early Care and Education (ECE) Teachers and Caregivers: Initial Findings from the National Survey of Early Care and Education (NSECE)
What did the early childhood teaching and caregiving workforce look like in 2012? This research brief describes the Early Care and Education (ECE) workforce data developed in the National Survey of Early Care and Education (NSECE). The survey focuses on individuals providing direct care and education for children birth through five years and not yet in kindergarten. Findings are based on over 10,000 questionnaires completed in 2012 by a sample of individuals representing about one million...
Approximately 22% of children in families investigated for maltreatment were placed out of home at least once in the 18 months following the close of investigation. Among those placed out of home, 72.6% had one placement, 18.9% had two placements, and 8.5% had three or more placements. View the NSCAW Spotlight.
Latest Research RSS Feed
Design Report: National Implementation Evaluation of the Health Profession Opportunity Grants (HPOG) to Serve TANF Recipients and Other Low-Income IndividualsPublished: February 27, 2014This report describes the evaluation design for the HPOG National Implementation Evaluation. The design focuses on the 27 non-tribal HPOG grantees and
A First Look at the Head Start CARES Demonstration Large-Scale Implementation of Programs to Improve Children’s Social-Emotional CompetencePublished: February 26, 2014Low‐income preschool children face many risks to their social emotional development that can affect their school experience and social outcomes for years to
- Published: February 24, 2014The PII Approach integrates the tenets of implementation science and program evaluation into a coordinated framework to support and evaluate this initiative.
- Published: February 20, 2014Recent news from the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation...
- Published: February 20, 2014This brief provides an overview of the strategies that Tribal HPOG grantees have used to implement the HPOG program, challenges encountered during
- Published: February 19, 2014A significant number of TANF clients have a disability of some type that may impact their service needs. But assessing clients’ needs can prove difficult for
- Published: January 15, 2010This report of the Head Start Impact Study is the result of several years of design, data collection, and…
- Published: December 21, 2012Report of the Third Grade Follow-up to the Head Start Impact Study, a nationally representative evaluation of the...
- Published: December 21, 2012Executive Summary for the report of the Third Grade Follow-up to the Head Start Impact Study, a nationally...
The Family Room Blog RSS Feed
ACF's Dallas Regional Office focuses on children and the early childhood development community during emergency planning conference.