Refugee Health Care Conference
Manchester, New Hampshire
This one-day Manchester Health Department conference is for health care providers currently serving or interested in learning more about refugee populations in New Hampshire. The conference will address refugee health screening, mental health screening, infectious diseases, ob-gyn/perinatal care issues as well as access to care.
At the end of this continuing education program, participants should be able to:
- Describe major patterns in global migration with a focus on the changing demography of US foreign born populations;
- Discuss major aspects of refugee health screening from the international and domestic perspectives;
- Discuss key mental health issues facing refugee populations including options for appropriate interventions in care;
- Give examples of the critical tropical infections and infectious diseases that impact refugee populations;
- Define public health interventions to reduce refugee health disparities
For more information and to register please go here.