FFY 2012/13 State of South Dakota ORR Funded Programs
Mandatory and Formula Grants to States
|Service Providers||Cash and Medical Assistance||Refugee Social Services Program||Targeted Assistance Program||TOTAL|
|State of South Dakota Department of Social Services||$405,000||$591,964||$141,105||$1,138,069|
|Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota|
Wilson Fish CMA Discretionary Program 1
|WF-CMA 2||RSS||TAG-F||CMA Mandatory 3||TOTAL|
1. Includes Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA); Case Management, and overall management and coordination of the state-wide refugee program.
2. Only a portion of this total has been awarded to date; the remainder of these funds will be issued in FY13 as needed to serve eligible clients through the 8-month time eligibility period.
3. These funds are awarded to State agencies to support Non-WF RMA and URM services
Discretionary Grants to States
|Service Providers||School Impact||Targeted Assistance||Elderly||Preventive Health||Cuban/ Haitian||Total Discretionary|
|Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota||$185,753||$150,000||$100,000||$100,000||$0||$535,753|
For full information about subcontracts awarded under these grants, please contact the State Refugee Coordinator.
FFY 2012 State of South Dakota ORR Funded Programs
Discretionary Grants to Agencies - ORR provided awards to agenices under the following programs in FY2012/13:
- Individual Development Accounts (IDA)
- Microenterprise Development - Home Based Child Care (MED-HBCC)
- Supplemental Services (SUPP)
Voluntary Agencies Matching Grant Program FY 2012/13: The Matching Grant (MG) Program helps selected enrollees attain economic self-sufficiency through the provision of comprehensive case management and services leading to employment within 120 to 180 days after the date of eligibility for the program. Self-sufficiency must be achieved without accessing public cash assistance. In FY 2012/13, ORR has awarded Matching Grant cooperative agreements to 9 voluntary agencies (Volags) who in turn operate the program through their national networks. ORR awards $2 for every $1 raised by the agency up to a maximum of $2,200 in Federal funds per enrollee. Note that while federal and match funds are calculated on a per capita or client basis, the actual spending of such funds is not per capita based.
|LIRS||Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota||$209,000||
1609 W 11th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104