Purpose: The Learning Center was designed to help equip members of the resettlement community to find quality, affordable housing for refugees.
How to Use the Learning Center Resources: On your first visit to this page, we recommend you take the following steps:
1. Click on the link below titled “Learner Manual: Finding Housing – Part One” to open/download and print the manual designed to accompany the self-paced training course. This file is in PDF format. If you do not have PDF installed on your computer, click here to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. The program contains a budget exercise. We suggest you download the budget template spreadsheet for this exercise before downloading the training files “FINDING HOUSING:PART ONE” and "FINDING HOUSING: PART TWO” . These files are big, so please be patient as they are downloading. It takes awhile.
3. Click on the link below to view the interactive self-paced training titled “Finding Housing: Part One”.
- You will be prompted to complete a short registration form before the training starts.
- At the end of the course you will be prompted to complete a short online evaluation form.
- This self-paced course takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete
- As this course includes audio narration, we recommend using a computer that has a sound card and speakers or a jack for a headset. Double-clickfor a short sound bite to test your audio capabilities and volume level. The narration is designed to expand upon the on-screen text, thus you will still benefit from 90% of the information even if you do not have audio capabilities.
- Video is best viewed when display is set to 1024 x 768. To reset your screen in Windows go to Start>Control Panel>Display>Settings and adjust Display Setting until is screen is set to the parameters above.
4. Click on the link below to view the first 10-minute video segment titled “A Model Apartment Unit Inspection.”
Upon your next visit to this website, you may choose to view one or more of the learning resources in a different sequence.
Please login as a returning user each time you return to the Learning Center. We ask that you complete the abbreviated Returning Learner Registration Form each time you view the video segment, to help us track how many people are taking advantage of these resources.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, we invite you to submit them via e-mail to email@example.com