National Partnership for Community Training (NPCT) for Immigrant Service Providers
…Advancing Promising Practices in the Torture Treatment Movement
The National Partnership for Community Training (NPCT) is a technical assistance project that assists and supports community providers in counties where torture survivors are found but where there are no torture treatment programs. Training and technical assistance is available to service providers who work with refugees, asylum seekers, asylees and other immigrant populations, yet may not have the expertise or training to address the needs of survivors among these populations.
The primary goal of the NPCT is to develop and improve the capacity of local community service providers throughout the nation to identify, refer, assist, effectively serve, and within existing resources, provide appropriate treatment and rehabilitation for torture survivors. A second goal of the project is to advance and disseminate best and promising practices related to treatment and intervention for survivors of torture.
NPCT is a partnership between The Florida Center for Survivors of Torture (FCST), of Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services, the Harvard Program for Refugee Trauma, and the Bellevue/NYU Program for Survivors of Torture. Using promising practices from existing torture treatment programs around the world, NPCT promotes applied and practical techniques to serve torture survivors.
Technical Assistance includes:
- Comprehensive Community Needs Assessments
- Training tailored to local capacity and specific gaps in services
- Peer Mentoring
- Multi-disciplinary Resources including practical toolkits
- Evaluation and technical assistance Follow-Up for sites having developed Community Action Plans
- Online community for information and resource sharing
Trainings will benefit organizations and professionals serving immigrant populations in communities where there are no specialized torture treatment centers. Priority areas include states that receive targeted assistance grants.
- State Agencies
- Resettlement Agencies
- Mutual Aid Associations
- National Professional Associations
- Professional Disciplines include: Medical, Psychiatric, Psychological, Immigration Law, Social Work, Case Management, Administration
Contact Information with Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services: