< Back to Search

Unaccompanied Children Program

Published: August 9, 2012

Key Documents for the Unaccompanied Children Program


  • Request for UC Case File Information (Instructions)
  • Request for Specific Consent to Juvenile Court Jurisdiction (ORR C-1) – Specific Consent Form (DOC 83KB)
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status – Specific Consent Program Instructions (PDF 95KB)


Requesting Vaccination Records

Unaccompanied children (UC) are vaccinated while in ORR custody in accordance with the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) catch-up schedule.  When children are released to sponsors, they are given their vaccination records.

If you believe your patient is a former UC who was in ORR custody and the patient is missing vaccination records, please fill out this document to have the vaccination record released to your office.

  • Box 1:  Fill out the patient’s name, alien number, and date of birth.  ORR cannot confirm if the patient was in ORR custody without the alien number.
  • Box 3:  Fill out the provider’s name, the name of the clinic, and the clinic’s mailing address.   Under mailing address, please enter the clinic or provider’s phone number and fax number.
  • Box 5:  If the patient is over the age of 14 years, have the patient sign; if the patient is under the age of 14 years, have the parent, guardian, or sponsor sign.   A witness must also sign (can be the healthcare provider or clinic staff).
  • Fax the form to (210) 208-5204, or email it to information@orrncc.com.

Upon receipt of the form, a representative will contact you at the phone number provided within 30 minutes. Representatives are available 7 days a week, from 9am to 9pm (Eastern Standard Time). If you do not hear from a representative, call  1-800-203-7001.

Note that many undocumented children who were apprehended with a parent or legal guardian may have been detained in the Department of Homeland Security’s family unit detention centers.  ORR would not have their vaccination records.

If you need medical records other than vaccinations, follow the process here.


Legal Resource Guide for Unaccompanied Children


ORR National Call Center Information

In-Country Refugee/Parole Processing for Minors in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala (Central American Minors – CAM)


Flores v Reno Settlement Agreement of 1997

Homeland Security Act of 2002

State Letter 10-11: Eligibility for the Unaccompanied Refugee Minor Program for Children Granted Special Immigrant Juvenile Status by the Department of Homeland Security

Special Immigrant Juveniles: Perez-Olano v. Holder Settlement Agreement

  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Application (DOC 131KB) (PDF 168KB)
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Decline of Placement (DOC 39KB) (PDF 49KB)
  • Notice for Special Immigrant Juveniles (PDF 16KB)
  • Notice of Proposed Settlement and Hearing in Class Action for Special Immigrant Juveniles (PDF 24KB)
  • Signed Settlement Agreement (PDF 5.4MB)

ORR/DCS Family Reunification Packet for Sponsors (English/Español)


  • Authorization for Release of Information (DOC 40LB)
  • Digital Fingerprint Instructions for Sponsors (DOC 35KB)
  • Family Reunification Application (DOC 41KB)
  • Family Reunification Checklist for Sponsors (DOC 43KB)
  • Family Reunification Packet Cover Letter (PDF 43KB)
  • Sponsor Care Agreement (DOC 38KB)
  • Letter of Designation for Care of a Minor (DOC 48KB)


  • Autorización para la Divulgación de Información (DOC 41KB)
  • Instrucciones Sobre la Toma de Huellas Digitales Para Patrocinadores (DOC 34KB)
  • Solicitud de Reunificación Familiar (DOC 41KB)
  • Lista de Control de la Reunificación Familiar para Patrocinadores (DOC 38KB)
  • Solicitud de Reunificación Familiar Carta Adjunta (PDF 60KB)
  • Acuerdo de Cuidado del Patrocinador (DOC 37KB)
  • Carta de Designación para el Cuidado de un Menor (DOC 34KB)
Last Reviewed: January 27, 2016