Transmittal 2010 - 17
PARIS MEMBER STATES:
2011 PARIS Board of Directors Vacancies
The PARIS Board of Directors is currently accepting applications to fill two Board Member vacancies. The applicants should at a minimum possess the following characteristics:
- Integrity and a commitment to ethical behavior.
- Personal maturity and leadership skills in industry, education, the professions, or government.
- Independence of thought and willingness to deal directly with difficult issues.
- Fulfillment of the broadest definition of diversity including caseload, geographic location, population, organizational placement of PARIS, technical skills, program area, etc.
- Broad governmental and/or professional experience, with an understanding of the complexities of governmental organizations.
- Their representative State has executed a current Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for at least one of the three PARIS matches.
The application process for membership on the PARIS Board of Directors consists of: (1) a signed letter of commitment from an authorized State official that the individual seeking Board membership will have the documented commitment from the State in time and energy to fulfill the position’s objectives, and (2) answering the following five questions (between 750 and 1000 words):
- Commitment to PARIS through demonstrated action. Candidates should describe how they might benefit the Board and the PARIS Project.
- Significant accomplishments within their State in utilizing PARIS data to maintain program integrity and detect/deter improper payments.
- Unique technical skills and knowledge set for data management.
- Experience in project management.
- Their State has participated in at least two PARIS quarterly data submissions.
More information on the roles and responsibilities of Board Members can be found on the PARIS website (www.acf.hhs.gov/paris) in the Charter section.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply no later than January 4, 2011. Elections will be held during the next PARIS training conference March 29-31, 2011. Complete applications should be emailed to: email@example.com