Transmittal 2011 - 23
PARIS MEMBER STATES:
2012 PARIS Board of Directors Vacancies
The PARIS Board of Directors is currently accepting applications to fill three Board Member vacancies due to expiring terms. Current Board Members are not restricted from running for an additional four-year term. The applicants should at a minimum possess the following characteristics:
- Integrity and a commitment to ethical behavior.
- Personal maturity and leadership skills in industry, education, the professions, or government.
- Independence of thought and willingness to deal directly with difficult issues.
- Fulfillment of the broadest definition of diversity including caseload, geographic location, population, organizational placement of PARIS, technical skills, program area, etc.
- Broad governmental and/or professional experience, with an understanding of the complexities of governmental organizations.
The application process for membership on the PARIS Board of Directors consists of: (1) a signed letter of commitment from an authorized State official that the individual seeking Board membership will have the documented commitment from the State in time and energy to fulfill the position’s objectives including attendance at the Annual Training Conference, Annual Board Planning Meeting and represent PARIS at national conferences, and (2) answering the following four questions (between 750 and 1000 words):
- Commitment to PARIS through demonstrated action. Candidates should describe how they might benefit the Board and the PARIS Project.
- Significant accomplishments within their State in utilizing PARIS data to maintain program integrity and detect/deter improper payments.
- Unique technical skills and knowledge set for data management.
- Experience in project management.
More information on the roles and responsibilities of Board Members can be found on the PARIS website (www.acf.hhs.gov/paris) in the Charter section.All interested applicants are encouraged to apply no later than December 1, 2011. Elections will be held during the next PARIS Training Conference March 13-15, 2012. Complete applications should be emailed to: PARIS@acf.hhs.gov