Forum: Building a More Peaceful Connecticut
The Coalition for Peace in Connecticut presents:
Building a More Peaceful Connecticut:
Tools, Models and Initiatives that Promote Nonviolence
Thursday, June 26, 2014 (8:30 am-3:30 pm),
The forum will share information about CT programs that promote nonviolence and teach
peaceful conflict resolution. Participants will learn methods, models and tools they can apply in
Speakers are from across Connecticut, including:
• Nelba Marquez-Green, Ana Grace Project, Klingberg Family Center
• Kathryn Lee, Program Director, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
• Victoria Christgau, Executive Director, CT Center for Nonviolence
• Iran Nazario, Director, COMPASS PeaceBuilders
• Kenny Jackson, StreetSafe Bridgeport
• Andrew Woods, Hartford Communities that Care: NEHartford Violence Free Zone
• Barbara Tinney, Exec. Director, New Haven Family Alliance,
• Karen Jarmoc, CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence
• Deacon Arthur Miller, Office for Black Catholic Ministries for Archdiocese of Hartford
The forum will provide opportunities for other groups to share information about their work
through short presentations and/or information tables/booths.
A detailed agenda will be sent in mid-June. Lunch provided. Free parking.
While there is no charge, seating is limited. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Mon. June 23.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.