Natinal Fatherhood Leaders Webinar: Responsible Fatherhood at the Crossroads: Where Do We Go From Here? "Embracing Fathers as Assets"
An NFLG Webinar - Responsible Fatherhood at the Crossroads: Where Do We Go From Here?
Join us for a webinar on Oct 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM EDT.
Find registration links here:
After 20 years of growth and development, the Responsible Fatherhood field is at a crossroad. This crossroad is characterized by the failure of national policy and community systems of service to embrace fathers as assets to their children, families and communities.
Particularly for low-income African-American fathers, existing policies and practice have fallen short because the complex dynamics of their lives have not always been adequately understood. However, new research shows an immediate opportunity for positive and enduring impact by tapping into the care, hope and dreams fathers have for their children, their families and themselves. Expert speakers will discuss this research and other cutting-edge strategies for addressing long-standing challenges facing the Responsible Fatherhood field.
If you are committed to responsible fatherhood and strengthening families, and aim to increase your impact as a practitioner, researcher, policy maker, community organizer or funder, you won't want to miss this webinar!
Featured Speaker: Dr. Kathryn Edin, author of Doing the Best I Can: Fatherhood in the Inner City, and Professor of Public Policy, Harvard University.
• Dr. Vivian Gadsden, Professor of Child Development & Education, University of PA
• Dr. Ron Haskins, Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
• Dr. Ronald Mincy, Professor of Social Policy & Social Work Practice, Columbia University
• Joe Jones, President & CEO, Center for Urban Families, Baltimore, MD
• Dr. Kirk Harris, Co-Designer, Fathers, Families & Healthy Communities Demonstration, Chicago, IL
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.