El Paso Grantee and Community Roundtable
“Strengthening Families using Best Practices in a Culturally Competent Way”
Region 19 Head Start Multi-Purpose Center
11670 Chito Samaniego, El Paso, TX 79936
Emphasis: Program Sustainability, Underserved Populations, Collaborations & Partnerships, & Asset Building.
Audience: ACF grantees; child and economic development, faith-based, and community organizations; and local, state, and federal governments.
Purpose: To provide current information on the core family strengthening elements of fatherhood, marriage, and asset building. Additionally, the Roundtable will include information on Affordable Care Act, Veteran Services, Human Trafficking and their impacts on safe and stable families. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with other practitioners.
Sponsored by: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families – Region VI, Education Service Center (ESC) Region 19 – Head Start/Early Head Start Program, and the Region VI Head Start Association
Agenda, Speakers, and Presentations
- Welcome – Dr. Blanca Enriquez, Executive Director, Region 19 Head Start (read her bio)
- Opening – Leon R. McCowan, Regional Administrator, Administration for Children and Families, Region VI (read his bio)
- Plenary – Senator Jose Rodriguez, District 29, Texas (read his bio)
- Affordable Care Act – Marjorie Petty, Regional Director, Department of Health and Human Services, Region VI (read her bio)
- Promising Practices & Resources for Fatherhood and Healthy Marriage – Patrick Patterson, Senior Manager, ICF International (read his bio)
- Asset Building
- Best Practices Facilitated Discussion – Leon R. McCowan, Regional Administrator, Administration for Children and Families, Region VI (read his bio)
- Human Trafficking
- Luncheon Speaker – Gilbert Moreno, Lead Strategist and Consultant, Prestige Consulting Services (read his bio)
- Supporting our Veterans
- Closing Remarks