Houston Grantee and Community Roundtable
“Strengthening Families using Best Practices in a Culturally Competent Way”
MD Anderson Cancer Center – Bldg. 1MC3.1014, Rm. 2
7007 Bertner Ave.
Houston, TX 77030
EMPHASIS: Program Sustainability, Underserved Populations, Collaborations & Partnerships, & Asset Building.
AUDIENCE: ACF grantees; faith-based, community, health, and wellness organizations; and local, state, and federal governments.
PURPOSE: To provide current information on the core family strengthening elements of fatherhood, marriage, and asset building. Additionally, the Roundtable will include information on the Affordable Care Act, Veteran Services and their impact on safe and stable families. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with other practitioners.
Sponsored by: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families – Region VI, MD Anderson Dorothy I. Height Center for Health Equity & Evacuation Research (DH-CHEER), Karen Chatman Edutainment
Agenda, Speakers, and Presentations:
- Welcome – Dr. Lovell A. Jones, Director, DH-CHEER, MD Anderson Cancer Center (read his biography)
- Opening – Leon R. McCowan, Regional Administrator, Administration for Children and Families Region VI (read his biography)
- Plenary – Rev. Bill Lawson, Principal, William A Lawson Institute for Peace and Prosperity (read his biography)
- Affordable Care Act – Marjorie Petty, Regional Director, DHHS Region VI (read her biography)
- Promising Practices & Resources for Fatherhood and Healthy Marriage (see the presentation) – Patrick Patterson, Senior Manager, ICF International (read his biography)
- Luncheon Speeches
- Asset Building
Supporting our Veterans
- Suzanna Hupp, Associate Commissioner, Veteran Services-TX (read her biography)
- Anthony Landry – USA LTC (R) Active Relationships Master Trainer (read his biography) (see the presentation)
- Katrina Johnson – CEO/Founder, Horizon Outreach (read her biography) (see the presentation)
- Lee Coffee, Jr., Diversity Trainer, MD Anderson (read his biography) (see the presentation)
- Closing – Leon R. McCowan, Regional Administrator, Administration for Children and Families Region VI (read his biography)
- Houston Roundtable Invitation (711.11 KB)