San Antonio Grantee and Community Roundtable
"Strengthening Families using Best Practices in a Culturally Competent Way”
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
600 E. Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
EMPHASIS: Program Sustainability, Underserved Populations, Collaborations & Partnerships, & Asset Building.
AUDIENCE: ACF grantees; faith-based, community, health, and wellness organizations; and local, state, and federal governments.
PURPOSE: To provide current information on the core family strengthening elements of fatherhood, marriage, and asset building. Additionally, the Roundtable will include information on the Affordable Care Act, Veteran Services and their impact on safe and stable families. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with other practitioners.
Sponsored by: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families (ACF) Region VI and Teaching and Mentoring Communities (TMC)
Agenda, Speakers, and Presentations:
- Welcome – Mary Capello, President/CEO, TMC (read her biography)
- Opening – Leon R. McCowan, Regional Administrator, ACF Region VI (read his biography)
- Plenary – George Sheldon, Acting Assistant Secretary, ACF (read his biography)
- Promising Practices & Resources for Fatherhood and Healthy Marriage (see the presentation) – Patrick Patterson, Senior Manager, ICF International (read his biography)
- Asset Building (see the presentation) – Woody Widrow, Executive Director, RAISE TX (read his biography)
- Supporting our Veterans (see the presentation)
- Plenary - Henry Cisneros, Chairman, CityView (read his biography)
Affordable Care Act
- Marjorie Petty, Regional Director, DHHS Region VI (read her biography)
- Carolyn B. Meier, Deputy Regional Administrator, ACF Region VI
- Closing – Leon R. McCowan, Regional Administrator, ACF Region VI (read his biography)
- San Antonio Roundtable Invitation (312.96 KB)