Texas Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention & Intervention
Child and Adult Abuse Hotline Texas Department of Family and Protective Services 1-800-252-5400
The TDFPS offers a central location to report:
- Child abuse and neglect
- Elderly or adults with disabilities abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Abuse of children in licensed child-care facilities or treatment centers in Texas
- Abuse of clients served by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) or Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) employees in state hospitals or state schools
Two ways to report abuse
- Call the abuse hotline toll-free at 1-800-252-5400 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, nationwide
- Make report through secure web site at www.txabusehotline.org and you will receive a response within 24 hours.
DFPS cannot accept e-mail reports of suspected abuse or neglect.