My Social Security - Now Online
At each stage of your life, my Social Security is for you. Your personal online my Social Security account is a valuable source of information beginning in your working years and continuing throughout the time you receive Social Security benefits.
If You Receive Benefits, You Can:
Use a my Social Security online account to:
- Get your benefit verification letter,
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
- Change your address and phone number; and
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment.
If You Do Not Receive Benefits, You Can:
Use a my Social Security online account to get your Social Security Statement, to review:
- Estimates of your retirement, disability, and survivors benefits;
- Your earnings record; and
- The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you've paid.
How Do I Create A my Social Security Online Account?
To create an account, you must provide some personal information about yourself and give us answers to some questions that only you are likely to know. Next, you create a username and password that you will use to access your online account. This process protects you and keeps your personal Social Security information private.