This page features various ACF policies covering a range of issues and concerns.
Comment, Privacy, and Link Policies
We encourage engagement with the public and our stakeholders. To maintain a respectful dialogue and manage expectations, we've posted the guidelines of our comment, privacy, and link policies that apply to all ACF digital platforms and social media channels.
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the post or content.
- Be respectful. We do not permit personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior on our digital or social platforms. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
- Tell the truth. Spreading misleading or false information is prohibited.
- No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is barred — this includes posts aggressively promoting services or products.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove and/or not allow comments.
We collect no information about you, other than information automatically collected and stored, when you visit our web site unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Efficient Spending Policy
As an operating division of the Department of Health and Human Services, ACF is committed to complying with OMB/HHS policies that promote efficient and effective spending of appropriated funds.
- HHS Policy on Promoting Efficient Spending Visit disclaimer page(January 23, 2015): Use of Appropriated Funds for Conferences and Meetings, Food, Promotional Items, and Printing and Publications
- FY21 Conference Spending: this report includes information about conferences held by ACF where costs exceed $100,000.
The Administration for Children and Families strives to become a model employer, with a culture that values fairness, diversity and inclusion in the workforce. Learn more about our employment policies:
ACF is committed to conducting and using evidence from evaluations to inform policy and practice. ACF seeks to promote rigor, relevance, transparency, independence, and ethics in the conduct of evaluations. Our evaluation policy addresses each of these principles.
- View the evaluation policy
Grants to Faith-Based Organizations
The faith-based grant policy for HHS’ Administration for Children and Families is currently under review. Thank you for your patience.
Reasonable Accommodations Policy and Procedures
ACF is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to its employees and applicants for employment in order to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity at ACF.