Comment, Privacy, and Link Policies
We encourage you to share thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed on any of our social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.
The views expressed in visitor comments reflect those of the comment’s author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the Administration for Children and Families or the federal government.
We reserve the discretion to delete or not allow comments that contain:
- Vulgar or abusive language;
- Personal or obscene attacks of any kind;
- Offensive terms targeting individuals or groups;
- Threats or defamatory statements;
- Links to any site;
- Suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam;
- Unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries; or
- Promotion or endorsement of commercial services, products, or entities. (Note that non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic or another comment are acceptable.)
To protect your privacy, please do not include information that identifies you (an email address or phone number) in the text of your comment.
We recognize that the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources (i.e. - your tax dollars), moderating and posting comments should only be expected to occur during regular business hours.
Reporters are asked to send questions to the ACF media office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted nor answered.
This comment policy is valid for all discussions on any ACF managed platform. Thank you for taking the time to review our comment policy. We encourage your participation and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) collects no personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us. Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored to help us make our sites more useful to visitors. ACF does not share information you provide.
Any information, which may include personally identifiable information, you make available to ACF, including via a third-party website, is voluntary. When you make information available to ACF you may also be making this information available to a third-party not affiliated with ACF. We encourage you to contribute to discussions and provide your opinions to ACF via a third-party website. When you do this you need to take steps to protect your privacy. Do not disclose any private information about yourself or others (e.g., Social Security Number or health information) on a third-party website. Visit acf.hhs.gov for information on how to send official correspondence to ACF.
ACF uses information you make available on a third-party website to improve our programs and serve the public, such as improving our education and outreach materials and activities. ACF does not share information you provide and does not collect your personally identifiable information from a third-party website.
Linking Policy and Disclaimer of Endorsement
This material may include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations and persons. We provide these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. These links are indicated by our standard exit icon (site exit disclaimer). These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of ACF, the United States Government, or its officers or employees concerning the significance, priority or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying ACF endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service.
- When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the ACF domain and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of that website.
- ACF does not control nor guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on an externally linked website.
- ACF does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- ACF cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. Those who provide comments are responsible for the copyright of the text they provide.
- ACF is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- ACF does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
For more information on ACF disclaimers, visit the ACF website disclaimers page.