ACF has an important role in helping domestic violence survivors, runaway and homeless youth, and trafficking survivors. We support the following hotlines / helplines to serve people in need.Next: Help for Domestic Violence Survivors >
Help for Domestic Violence Survivors
National Domestic Violence Hotline is a 24/7 confidential service that supports victims and survivors of domestic violence. The hotline can be reached:
- By phone: 1-800-799-7233(SAFE)
- By text: Text LOVEIS to 22522
- Online chat: https://www.thehotline.org/ and select “Chat Now”
Highly trained, experienced advocates offer support, crisis intervention information, educational services and referral services in more than 200 languages. The website provides information about domestic violence, online instructional materials, safety planning, and local resources.
StrongHearts Native Helpline is a culturally-appropriate domestic violence and dating violence helpline for Native Americans, available every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT.
- By phone: 1-844-7NATIVE / 1-844-762-8483
Services include peer support and advocacy; information and education about domestic and dating violence; safety planning; crisis intervention; and referrals to Native or Tribal-based domestic violence service providers.
Help for Runaway and Homeless Youth
National Runaway Safeline is a 24/7 hotline that serves as the national communication system for runaway and homeless youth (RHY) providing crisis intervention, information and referrals, and other resources. The RHY hotline can be reached:
- By phone: 1-800-RUNAWAY / 1-800-786-2929
- By email: https://www.1800runaway.org/crisis-online-services/
- Online chat: https://www.1800runaway.org/ and select “Chat Now”
- Forum: https://bulletinboards.1800runaway.org/forum
Help for Trafficking Survivors
National Human Trafficking Hotline is a 24/7, confidential, multilingual hotline for victims, survivors, and witnesses of human trafficking. The hotline can be reached:
- By phone: 1-888-373-7888
- By text: text HELP to 233733 (BEFREE)
- By email: email@example.com
- Online chat: https://humantraffickinghotline.org/chat
The hotline also has an online Referral Directory made up of anti-trafficking organizations and programs that offer emergency, transitional, or long-term services to victims and survivors of human trafficking.