ANA promotes social and economic self-sufficiency in communities through SEDS grants. These competitive financial assistance grants support locally determined projects designed to reduce or eliminate community problems and achieve community goals.
ANA believes language revitalization and continuation are two of the first steps taken in preserving and strengthening a community’s culture. Use of native language builds identity and encourages communities to move toward social unity and self-sufficiency.
Growing awareness of environmental issues on Indian lands has resulted in increased funding to address these issues. ANA’s Environmental Regulatory Enhancement grants provide tribes with resources to develop legal, technical and organizational capacities for protecting their natural environments.
- ACF Native American Programs
- Family Violence Prevention and Services Grants to Tribes
- Office of Community Services Tribal Programs
- Office of Head Start
- Tribal Child Support
- Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Tribal TANF Child Welfare Coordination