< Back to Search

Grant Amendments Handbook

Published: August 31, 2012
Grantee Resources

ANA understands that grantees may need to modify their budget or other aspects of the approved grant in order to accomplish the activities listed in their Objective Work Plan (OWP). There are some cases where written prior approval from ACF/ANA is required before the grantee can implement the modification; these cases are referred to as grant amendments.  Grant amendments may include budget modifications, changes in key personnel, no-cost extensions, and carryover budgets.

Prior to submitting any grant amendments, or for questions on a change in scope, supplement, or No-Cost Extension (NCE), grantees should speak with their ANA program specialist.

Processing a grant amendment can take up to three months during ANA’s busy season, which lasts approximately from May through September. Therefore, it is important to submit requests as soon as you identify the need for a grant amendment. If you wait, it could result in project delays.

This online handbook gives guidance on when and how to submit formal grant amendment requests.  Click on the links below to learn about each grant amendment.

  1. Budget Modifications
  2. Carryover Budget
  3. Change in Your Objective Work Plan
  4. Changes in Key Personnel
  5. No-Cost Extension
  6. Non-Competing Continuation
  7. Table of Required Forms and Documents by Grant Amendment

Actions Requiring OPDIV Prior Approval as listed in the HHS Grants Policy Statement (see exhibit 5 on page II-49)

Important Information Regarding Grant Amendments and Continuations

  • ANA is now processing all grant amendments and continuation applications through GrantSolutions.
  • All entities that apply for or receive ANA grant awards must be registered online with the Central Contractor Registration: https://www.uscontractorregistration.com/.  This requirement impacts all Federal Opportunity Announcement awards made after October 1, 2010, including continuation awards. In order to receive Federal funding, Tribes and organizations must:
    • Be registered in the CCR prior to submitting an application;
    • Maintain an active CCR registration with current information at all times during which they have an active Federal award or an application under consideration by an agency; and,
    • Provide their DUNS number in each application or plan they submit to the agency.
    • NOTE: CCR registration MUST be updated annually.
Last Reviewed: November 15, 2016
Back to Top