The Wilson-Fish (WF) program is an alternative to traditional state administered refugee resettlement programs for providing assistance (cash and medical) and social services to refugees.
The purposes of the WF program are to:
- Increase refugee prospects for early employment and self-sufficiency
- Promote coordination among voluntary resettlement agencies and service providers
- Ensure that refugee assistance programs exist in every state where refugees are resettled
The WF program emphasizes early employment and economic self-sufficiency by integrating cash assistance, case management, and employment services and by incorporating innovative strategies for the provision of cash assistance.
ORR currently funds 13 WF programs that operate throughout twelve States: Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, plus San Diego County, CA.
Wilson-Fish Funding Opportunity Announcement
- HHS-2010-ACF-ORR-RW-0051-WF Final Announcement
- WF public meeting to discuss announcement on June 9, 2010 (doc 67KB)
Wilson-Fish Agency Contact Information
ORR Contact Information
Director, Division of Refugee Assistance
Office of Refugee Resettlement
Administration for Children and Families
Mary E. Switzer Building
330 C Street, SW
Washington DC 20201