I am concerned that current legislation does not protect the rights of families involved with the child protection system. How can I advocate for new laws?


Constituent input and lobbying initiatives may help generate significant changes in state policy and procedures. If you believe that current legislation does not provide adequate protection for families involved with the child welfare system, we recommend that you contact your state senators and representatives, whom are responsible for developing and reforming state legislation. You may find contact information for your elected officials on the USA.gov website.

You also may wish to contact several child welfare advocacy and public policy organizations to seek support for your cause. Child Welfare Information Gateway, a service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, maintains a resource listing of Child Abuse and Neglect/Child Welfare Advocacy and Public Policy Organizations on the Information Gateway website.

FAQ Program Areas:
FAQ Topics: