The Child Welfare Compliance Reviews Team at JBS International, Inc., assists the Children's Bureau in recruiting, training, and maintaining a national NYTD Reviewer pool of young people who meet the established minimum requirements.
If a young person is between the ages of 18 and 25; has spent time in foster care; has leadership, professional, or advocacy experience in the foster care field; and is interested in working to improve the child welfare system, NYTD data collection, analysis, and/or data-driven work, we welcome their inquiry or application.
Both the minimum requirements and preferred (additional) qualifications to become a NYTD Reviewer are summarized below.
- Young people 18—25 years old from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds who have spent time in foster care after the age of 14.
- Engagement at the state level in youth boards and professional leadership or child welfare advocacy.
- Strong assessment skills, including the ability to: (1) gather information from written documents; (2) review the collection of information from various sources contained in case records; (3) compile information obtained from various sources contained in case records; and (4) make professional judgments based on the information contained in the case records.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability and willingness to travel to other states to participate in training and weeklong review activities.
- Willingness to work long hours and to participate in debriefings at the end of each review day.
- Young people who currently participate, or have participated, in the NYTD survey.
- Young people with prior professional, leadership, or advocacy experience in the child welfare field.
- Engagement at the state level in NYTD work either through: (1) outreach to other young people in foster care to administer the NYTD survey; (2) contributions to the state in the formation of the NYTD outreach process; and/or (3) participation in teen conferences or state- or national-level convenings on NYTD.