DSS supports state and tribal title IV-E agencies in developing and operating child welfare information systems.
The following are DSS's key responsibilities:
- Support state and tribal child welfare agencies regarding in the development, maintenance, and operations of their information systems through partnerships, collaborative efforts , and technical assistance activities
- Provide guidance on and respond to Advance Planning Documents (APDs) and procurement documents, such as requests for proposals and contracts
- Coordinate the development and implementation of strategies and policies related to child welfare information technology for the Administration for Children and Families
- Conduct assessments and ongoing reviews of child welfare information systems
- Provide relevant training and technical assistance
State and Tribal Assignments
Each state, territory, or tribe with a title IV-E agency works with an assigned DSS analyst who responds to questions, provides technical assistance, and serves as the primary contact for APD submissions.