The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Visit disclaimer page (CDC), Coronavirus.gov Visit disclaimer page , and USA.gov Visit disclaimer page are the primary sources for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, steps to prevent illness, symptoms, common questions, and information for specific audiences.
This page includes resources and information for ACF's mission-related issues and programs affected by COVID-19. With the COVID-19 situation ever-evolving, we will continue to provide COVID-19 related resources for our programs that help our nation's children, families, and communities during this challenging time.
- On March 27, 2020, the President signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (H.R. 748 Visit disclaimer page ). This includes $6.3 billion in additional funding for ACF to respond to coronavirus related needs. View a summary of ACF provisions included in the CARES Act.
- ACF Grants
- Child Care
- Child Support
- Child Welfare
- Community Services
- Domestic Violence
- Early Childhood Development
- Federal Partner Sites
- Head Start
- Human Trafficking
- Native Americans/Tribes
- Refugee Resettlement
- Repatriation & Emergency Response
- Runaway & Homeless Youth
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Whole Family Approach
- Most recent OCS COVID-19 resources
- Partnership to Address COVID-19 Spread
- CED DCL: Partnership to Address the Spread of COVID-19
- CSBG Dear Colleague 2020-15 Partnership to Address COVID-19 Spread
- LIHEAP DCL Partnership to Address the Spread of COVID-19
- RCD DCL Partnership to Address the Spread of COVID-19
- SSBG DCL Partnership to Address the Spread of COVID-19
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence (NRCDV) COVID resources Visit disclaimer page provide general guidance for shelter settings, faith-based and community organizations, and more in preparing and responding to COVID-19.
- National Network to End Domestic Violence Visit disclaimer page , Futures Without Violence Visit disclaimer page , National Health Center for the Homeless Council Visit disclaimer page , and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Visit disclaimer page (CDC) resources can be adapted and used by community-based domestic violence programs
Early Childhood Development
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) - Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infection Disease Outbreak Visit disclaimer page
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Director’s Message: Coping with Coronavirus: Managing Stress, Fear, and Anxiety
Federal Partner Sites
For your convenience, we've provided a list of trusted federal partner websites for COVID-19 related response and resources.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Visit disclaimer page ): How to protect yourself, what to do if you are sick, symptoms, and view cases and the latest updates on COVID-19
- Coronavirus.gov Visit disclaimer page : Protecting yourself from the coronavirus and additional resources
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Visit disclaimer page : Coronavirus general information and updates, clinical & technical guidance, press releases and other resources.
- Department of Agriculture (USDA) Visit disclaimer page : Frequently Asked Questions and USDA actions to respond to COVID-19
- Department of Commerce, Census Bureau Visit disclaimer page : 2020 Census operational adjustments due to COVID-19
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Visit disclaimer page : Information and resources on COVID-19 for schools for children of military members
- Department of Education (ED) Visit disclaimer page : COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") information and resources for schools and school personnel
- Department of Housing and Urban Development Visit disclaimer page : HUD COVID-19 information, resources and fact sheets
- Department of Labor (DOL) Visit disclaimer page : In collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) U.S. Department of Labor offers guidance for preparing workplaces for coronavirus
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Visit disclaimer page : COVID-19 guidance documents, frequently asked questions and other information and resources
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Visit disclaimer page : Coronavirus (COVID-19) information on federal resources, funding announcements and frequently asked questions
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) Visit disclaimer page provides key COVID-19-related guidance and information from HHS for human services program providers and stakeholders, particularly state and local government agencies and faith and community-based organizations
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (OASPR) Visit disclaimer page : The DHHS and OASPR is working with our partners to explore the development of new medical countermeasures and take other actions to enhance health security. On this page you’ll find information and resources to help combat COVID-19.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Visit disclaimer page : SAMHSA resources, information, and guidance for OTPs
- U.S. Small Business Administration Visit disclaimer page : Coronavirus (COVID-19) small business guidance & loan resources
- USA.gov Visit disclaimer page : Find your local state health department for information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and more.
- Head Start COVID-19 prevention strategies and responses
ACF has an important role in helping domestic violence survivors, runaway and homeless youth, and trafficking survivors. We support the following hotlines / helplines to serve people in need.
Runaway & Homeless Youth
- RHYTTAC COVID-19 Visit disclaimer page
- National Runaway Safeline (NRS) Resources for Youth and Families 1800RUNAWAY.org Visit disclaimer page
Home Free Program: NRS will continue to provide transportation for youth 12-21 years old who are looking for a way home or to an alternative living arrangement. Youth in crisis can call 1-800-786-2929 to initiate the process of using Home Free.
- HUD Resources — Homelessness and Preventing Infectious Diseases