Employers are major partners with the child support program and withhold the largest portion of support payments. Child support professionals benefit from understanding how to work with special employer groups through outreach. Outreach is important to educate employers about program responsibilities. Find more information for employers.
Information on Working with Federal Agencies, Independent Contractors, and Others
- What’s the Difference Between an Independent Contractor and an Employee?
- Income Withholding and Veteran's Benefits
- Income Withholding and Medical Support for Social Security Beneficiaries – Answers to States’ Questions
- Income Withholding and Medical Support for Federal Retirees - Answers for State Agencies
- Income Withholding and Medical Support for Federal Workers’ Compensation – Answers for State Agencies
- Using the Income Withholding for Support Form: Dos and Don’ts
Information and State Examples for Outreach to Employers