Employers are major partners with the child support program and withhold the largest portion of support payments. Child support professionals benefit from understanding how to work with special employer groups through outreach. Outreach is important to educate employers about program responsibilities. Find more information for employers.
Information on Working with Federal Agencies, Independent Contractors, and Others
- What’s the Difference Between an Independent Contractor and an Employee?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Income Withholding and Veteran's Benefits
- Answers to States' Questions about Income Withholding and Medical Support for Social Security Beneficiaries
- Answers to States's Questions about Income Withholding and Medical Support for Federal Retirees
- Answers to States's Questions about Income Withholding and Medical Support for Federal Workers’ Compensation
- Dos and Don'ts for the Income Withholding for Support Form
Information and State Examples for Outreach to Employers
- 2019 Employer Symposium Report (PDF) (PDF)
- 2016 Employer Symposium Report
- 2014 Employer Symposium Report
- 2011 Employer Symposium Report
- State website with employer outreach information: California Visit disclaimer page
- State website with child support resources for employers: Oklahoma Visit disclaimer page
- State using social media: Georgia Department Human Facebook Visit disclaimer page