How do I establish paternity and a child support order if my baby’s father and I belong to separate tribes?


To establish paternity and child support, apply for services with either tribe or state. If neither tribe has a child support office, then apply in the state where you live.  The child support office will work with you to establish paternity and get a support order established. To find out if a tribe in your area has a tribal child support program, visit our contact map that lists all tribal child support programs by state.