How do I establish paternity and a child support order if I am a Native American and my baby’s father is in the military and stationed overseas?


To establish paternity and child support, apply for services with your tribe or state. If your tribe does not have a child support program, then apply in the state where you live. Child support agencies work with the military to establish paternity and child support. To find out if a tribe in your area has a tribal child support program, visit our contact map that lists all tribal child support programs by state.

The Handbook for Military Families is a helpful resource.